background

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bunny-O

I'm consolidating my old blog and this one. This is another of my old post from the other blog.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tonight while putting Savannah down for bed, I watched her as she clung to her bunny. I tried not to laugh as I thought about poor old "Bunny-O", and his life. It started about a year ago. We got Bunny-O for Savannah at "Build-a-Bear." Of course, at that time she wasn't even a year old yet, but she knew something special was going on. She quickly became attached to it. She slept with it, and carried it around with her. Then, about two months ago Savannah got a stomach bug. She had diarrhea so bad, even at night while she was sleeping. One night it even leaked out her p.j.s. It was awful! Poor Bunny-O became a victim of the mess. So, I put him aside so I could clean him later. Savannah saw him sitting there, and asked for him. I tried to tell her that he was dirty and she could have him later. I cleaned him up, and again put him up to dry (again, right where she could him, mistake!) She kept asking for him, and I kept refusing. Finally, when he was no longer stinky and completely dry, I gave him back. To my surprise Savannah did not want him! She would not play with him or sleep with him. It was kind of sad. So this went on for about two months. I finally gave up trying. She had found a new love. Then, all of the sudden two weeks ago, she wants Bunny-O back. She had him for two days when she again got sick. She was crying in the middle of the night, and I went to her and pulled her out of her bed. I could smell the sickness. This time vomit. As I began to clean up, I pulled all of her blankets and stuffed animals out of her crib, sorting the clean from victims. As it turns out, all of her animals made it through the ordeal without getting anything on them, all of them except Bunny-O! Poor thing. As I realized this, I had to laugh. So, I again had to clean him and let him dry, but this time I used the wisdom I had gained from previous experiences. Bunny-O got a special spot in our laundry room so Savannah could not see him. Now all nice and clean, he is back where he belongs, in Savannah's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: