background

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The things they say

*Some of you will find this funny (and not be surprised at all if you know me), but I forgot that I had set up a blog about 3 years ago and actually had a couple of posts on it.  I have copied the posts to put on this blog so I can get rid of the other.  Enjoy!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

So this blog is all about the funny things that Savannah says. I had to include them in my blog so I don't forget about all the adorable things she says. She just turned two and is talking like crazy, but she doesn't always get it right which means we get a lot of laughs out of it.

So to start off...lately we're trying to get her to say "I love you". Though she's said it before you can't really tell what she's saying. It's all jumbled together, so we've been breaking it down for her and asking her to repeat us. I....Love....You. She does great on the "I' and the "love", but she has problems with the "you" part. Oh, she can say the word "you" that's not the issue. She says "me" instead! I...love...me. LOL! Too funny!

Okay, another funny one is the word "zip". She can say it just fine if you ask her to repeat you. It's the times she decides to say it all on her own that's so funny. For instance, she'll put a jacket on and start messing with the zipper trying to figure it out. After a while, she'll turn to one of us and say "piz." So if you ever hear her say "piz" now you know what it means. (It's not the other not so nice word that it almost sounds like!)

We try to be good parents and teach our daughter some manners. She's doing pretty well with it. She knows that when some one gives her something you respond by using your manners. While we've taught her to say thank you, she just won't say it! Instead she chooses to say "welcome." At least she gets the concept. I'm sure she'll eventually get it!

So this one is a total opposite of the manners thing (well, kind of.) As with all little ones they at some point realize that there comes a little sound from their behind once in a while. A "toot" as we call it. We've tried to teach Savannah to say excuse me when she does this. We were shopping once, and she did it in public so I looked at her and said "What do you say?" She responded with "I toot!" I tried not to laugh, but it was just too funny! Of course, after I was done laughing, I made her say excuse me. Now when she does it, she looks up with a big smile and says "I toot!" (I guess I shouldn't have laughed that first time!) Of course, I always respond with "What do you say?" and she says "me" (which is how she says excuse me, but almost seems like a confession of who did it!)

Often when Savannah ate peanut butter it was on her toast "peanut butter toast." So now when she sees a jar of peanut butter she calls it "pea butter toast".

One of her first words was "ball." I loved how everything round was a ball. At Target the big round red cement balls out front were "balls." She wanted to play with them. LOL! Watermelons at the grocery store were "balls." She got mad because I wouldn't let her have the "ball."

I'm sure I'll think of more that I don't want to ever forget. Be prepared for additions to this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: